Thursday 24 February 2011

NBA Trade Numors Baron Davis out because of knee injury


Baron Davis struggled with his movement Tuesday night at Oklahoma City, it was no surprise that the Clippers decided to keep him out of the lineup against the Hornets on Wednesday night at New Orleans.

Davis was visibly downcast and said there was a chance he could be sidelined longer because of a swollen left knee. The Clippers are at Staples Center against the Lakers on Friday, technically an away game, and host the Celtics on Saturday.

"I’m a little upset my knee is acting up," Davis said before the Clippers played the Hornets. "When I’m out there, I’m giving it my all, but sometimes with the increased minutes and things like that, it didn’t work out. It just compounded the situation

"On the road trip, each and every game, it was becoming more and more swollen. I was just trying to battle through the road trip and get through to the weekend so I could get back on therapy and get an amount of rest. Once Sunday rolled around, and then Monday, I really didn’t feel like I could do much at practice."

It was even more difficult against the Thunder. Davis played 26 minutes, going one for eight from the field for two points, and had four assists. Clippers Coach Vinny Del Negro decided to shut him down largely based on that game. Davis wanted to play a few minutes, but Del Negro decided otherwise.

"I just wasn’t comfortable after watching him last night," Del Negro said. "That long road trip took a toll. ... Why put him out there if he’s going to be half-speed? You’ve got to play at this level and he’s not right now, with his health, not there. Let me see if he can get some rest and see if he responds a little bit better and get him out there for Friday."

-- Lisa Dillman in New Orleans

No comments:

Post a Comment